Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lunch & sore throats Today



Met Shane on my way to school today to have lunch with Joanne and Wan Zhen. He's having a bad case of sore throat... ack.. oh dear, hope he and Jason Koh recover from their sore throats soon for MM practice.

Had lunch with Joanne and Wan Zhen. Gosh, to cut, dye and highlight => $58 !!!! Man... it's really cheap... or is the place that I brought Joanne to expensive? *sigh* But then again, wz's hair is much shorter than jo's so... oh wells, I won't be dyeing / highlighting my hair anytime soon. Hopefully Jo doesn't erm... come after me... >.< I have been reading lately. Came across an article in TODAY's "voices" section, the article entitled "A Society Without Passion?" It was written by a 20-year-old full time NSman. *grin* reminds me of a friend who can write the same sort of way. I remember one of his articles on democracy got published in the Kaleidoscope, the GP magazine in VJC. Perhaps he should try to publish some views of his? >.< Anyway, back to the article, I do agree that Singapore lacks a passion for life, a passion for the moment, which makes life more interesting. I'm not saying to totally follow one's whims and fancys and shirking any responsibility... I'm saying that we should let go a little more. "I believe that very few people have it in them to balance passion and results so that both reach satisfying levels" (quoting from the article), hopefully society will be more forgiving and allow more breathing space for passion to grow, for it is when passion grows that creativity is harnessed.

Going to have a stayover at Philo's place with the comm tonight. I agree with Philo, it's queer that this is going to be our first and last stayover. *Grin* Looking forward to it.

Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talion said...

wow who so pro can write like tt? do i know him?... the vj guy tt is haha

19/5/05 1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home