Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Loving



What entails loving a person?
Does loving a person mean letting go of all my own desires?
I think loving is a lot of hard work.
Does loving a person mean giving till it hurts?

I think loving a person means helping him/her to become a better person, even when sometimes you have to go against your own human nature to do so. Now, that's the hard work part. But I believe it is not through the easy, happy times that love is truly manifested; it is through the trying times - where you choose to think of the other despite yourself, battling against your own personal desires, wants and needs - that love shines its brightest star.

It is against human nature to love fully, for it's human instinct to survive. That's why strength and inspiration need to be drawn from Him who gives unconditional love. I can never fully love because I will always fall from time to time but I can look to the ideal of the love that is Agape and try, try, try to follow it. May He be my guide.

Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

mich... you are getting wiser with age..haha happy birthday.

Yeah, love is actually quite a ridiculous thing to do.

To truly love is to suffer.

22/2/06 4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home