Thursday, June 08, 2006

DVC anyone?



A phone conversation on this fine morning:

Jo: Would you kill me if we watched another movie instead of the DVC? Goes on to talk about some Korean movie, I think... >.<
Me: No lah... it's all right with me... I'm okay with anything, I'm not like dying to watch it...
Jo: Okay! I also read so-and-so's blog and you know...
Me: lol...

I'm not sure what made her change her mind to watch another movie instead... however I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends who respect me and my beliefs.

Personally, I don't mind watching the movie with friends, since the author himself had openly claimed that his book is fiction. Period. There's nothing much to argue about. Of course I would quietly state my personal opinion on something so dear to me so that they would at least know where I stand. It's up to them whether they want to take my word for it or not. And if there were any questions, I would be glad to do some research during the holidays and present them to those who were interested to find out more about my faith. As a person who has read the book, I agree that the book has a good plot - lots of action and very entertaining. What saddens me most though is the bad light that the book has casted upon Opus Dei. I confess that I thought they were scary fanatics, till I saw some of them in person. I just hope that people would not debunk my religion based on that movie which takes snippets of fact and weaves it with fiction, so much so that you don't know what is real and what is not. That is what makes the book so tempting to believe. I guess good things do come out of that book and movie, with so many documentaries and awareness created about my religion, Christianity, Catholicism in particular.

I remember in JC, when the book first came out, some of my friends were talking about it and when I came in to join the conversation, they kept the topic from me completely, fearing that they would offend me with their sceptic views on my religion. However, by not speaking to me I felt offended - it was as if I was deemed not mature enough to speak about it. Maybe I really wasn't ready to talk about this sort of thing then as in JC my faith was very shaky.

(8.05pm) AFter clarifying with some person, the above italicized paragraph's information is wrong... the book wasn't the DVC... =X It was something more substantial... I'm not offended now and neither do I mean to offend anyone, there are no hard feelings on my part... after some reflection, I guess that they had my best interests at heart... if I were deemed as unapproachable then, I guess it was my fault for being unfriendly. AND, today Jo and I watched She's the Man, NOT some korean flick. Argh... I apologize for all the wrong information!

Ooh, it felt good airing my views. Blogging rocks!

Agape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home