Friday, March 10, 2006

Prayer



Life has been good. =) However, I haven't had time to pray... so now here I am, pondering, reflecting.

Lord, I know deep down inside that You're a forgiving God and that You love us so much that if we do wrong and are sorry You would say "come to Me". I want to do more Lord! I don't want to keep sinning and repenting - I just want to stay in Your path; love in the way You called us to love. Guide me O Lord, Holy Spirit guide my path. If I do wrong, please please guide me away from it. I want to truly love so please don't let me veer from Your path. I want to get closer to You. Help me give up things which are not pleasing to You, which breed selfishness and hatred. Help me detach myself from things so that I may be free to love fully.

I thank You for allowing someone to forgive me fully. I humbly accept this pardon and I praise You for allowing me to live. I thank You that he had the courage to do so when I was cowardly. Thank you - I know you don't read this but I thank you.

Lord, we are journeying - and we have to fight our own weaknesses and personal afflictions. Yes, worlds apart are we, on two extremes - please be with us, please guide us, please teach us to love purely so that we may overcome our weaknesses and learn. May our own afflictions be healed with Your love and guidance. Let us never stray from You. May I learn to love you with a pure heart.

I thank You for everything - everything Lord. I thank You for helping me understand that the past isn't so bad and that I can truly forgive. Thank You for enlightening me that I may have wronged someone. Thank You for releasing my bitterness so that I can love.

I pray for the world and for those around me. Please let them realise that there is love and hope in this world because You love us with a love so divine. They may not be Christian but I know that You will touch them with Your love in other ways known to them. I pray that love will overcome hatred, be it between family members or between two countries.

Dear Mother, please pray for us.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home