Friday, April 28, 2006

Condoms and AIDS



Wow, so many people are talking about AIDS and condoms - I mean the thorny issue about using condoms to limit the spread of AIDS.

I wish I had a stand or something intellectual to say... but I don't. Perhaps it's in my nature to be silent or rather, sympathise with both sides. I mean, the reason why it's such a thorny issue in the first place is because both sides have their own valid, solid points right? All I can do is be thankful that I am not in a position where I have to come to such a difficult decision and to pray really hard for those who are in that unfavourable position. This reminds me of the parable of the two sons, one refusing the father at first but doing the job in the end, and the other agreeing to help but not doing anything in the end. As much as we reason and argue, we are just mere shadows... the true heros will be those in the front line, making that choice. And if they make the harder choice which is the choice of love, for example a HIV-infected man refusing to have sex with his wife, I truly salute them - they will receive their reward.

As I read through the comments that some of my friends put across... I realise one thing - I don't know anything! Okay, I don't know much.. which makes me want to read up more and have my own stand. It's a personal stand of course, not meant to be imposing or anything. 2nd May quickly come soon... =(

Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talion said...

so much of the AIDS talk is due to the fact that fornication is given a very hefty weight in terms of importance. Then the debate generally degrades into how safe is safe sex. Until there are condoms which are virtually impenetrable and indestructable, and a significant downplay of the importance of fornication, nothing much can be done other making decisions through personal choice. :P my take on the whole debate :P

1/5/06 10:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home