Tuesday, August 08, 2006

080806 updated.

4.39pm

Feeling kinda sian today. =( I'm not exactly bored because I do have things to do. I just feel heavy-hearted. I've been procrastinating certain things for a long while. I finally got down to settle some stuff this morning at the expense of my mood now. However I have hope that my mind will clear and reconcile my inner disturbings with myself. Please lead the way.

Before my mother went to town for her haircut, she brought back a bag full of unwanted CDs from her workplace. As I sifted through the stack, I got my hands on Savage Garden's Affirmation album (the one with The Animal Song in it). It's pretty old - recorded in 1999. It reminded me of Elaine as she was a fan of them during our secondary school days. Now I understand why. Their music's pretty good. What caught me most was the lyrics to some of their songs. Lyrics of music are somewhat poetry right? I think music which you hold dear to your heart will be those whose lyrics speak out to you, touching you.

Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart;

If you need to crash, then crash and burn
You're not alone.


- Crash and Burn by Savage Garden


9.24pm

Back from my grandma's place. A cosy dinner, just the four of us... mom, dad, mama and myself. Overload of pig stomach's soup ("de dou tng"). She cooked "cheng tng" as well. When I asked her how she cooked "cheng tng", her instructions sounded pretty complicated. *grin* I love my grandma although I really can't hold a conversation for nuts. Don't know why my head felt tight and a little dense. Perhaps the spectacle hooks round my ears were too tight or something. Anyhows, my mood's back up when I realised how silly I was being an ass, sulking and being grumpy in the afternoon all because... hmm. As amazing as it sounds, a single sms can brighten up a person's day. =) Hah, the power of technology? =P

Visiting Ms Goh's wake tomorrow. The reflective mood, with the memories is starting to kick in. She's one teacher I'll never forget.

Agape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home