Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Night



There are nights like this where I can't seem to get myself off the comp and into bed. Thanks to wonderful people for their comments and words of encouragement. =) I'm listening to a short instrumental guitar piece Neph composed. Hey, it's neat stuff! The chord progression flows really well and is partly responsible for my warm, contemplative feeling now. *^^* Looking forward to hear your completed piece!

O Truth, O Light of my heart, let not my own darkness speak to me! I had fallen into that darkness and was darkened thereby. But in it, even in its depths, I came to love thee. I went astray and still I remembered thee. I heard thy voice behind me, bidding me return, though I could scarcely hear it for the tumults of my boisterous passions. And now, behold, I am returning, burning and thirsting after thy fountain. Let no one hinder me; here will I drink and so have life."
-St Augustine (CONFESSIONS)
Book XII, ch. x, 10

The following taize song is adapted from the quote above
Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let not my doubts nor my darkness speak to me.
Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let my heart always welcome your love.


Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talion said...

hmm glad u liked it.. the finished thing is a long way off tho...

6/7/05 8:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home