Sunday, June 26, 2005

Making the best out of a seemingly unlucky situation



Yesterday I had a sporting day.
Mom, Uncle Pheng, Kor and myself went to CARC to play badminton... but the courts were fully booked so we settled for table tennis instead.

Gosh... I tell you, the difference between my brother and I is that he can conjure up FUN from a seemingly hopeless situation, unlike myself, who only sees the doomed side of things. In this case, our plans had been ruined - the badminton courts were occupied. However, I had a ball of a time playing table tennis, and shooting darts. It was only much later that we were able to illegally occupy somebody's court to play badminton. Even when shooting darts... One of the feathers were spoilt and we only had 2 working darts... nevertheless we improvised and played "who could hit the bullseye first" with 2 darts a throw instead of the usual 3.

I guess it's not the situation that determines the success of a certain outcome but how you are able to look at the situation and determine a success for yourself and everyone else.

I've much to learn.

Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talion said...

Much to learn, have you, young padawan, in the arts of having fun... haha, sometimes is also not what you're doin but who you're with that makes things fun :) enjoy ur rest break yeah...

26/6/05 9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home