Saturday, March 10, 2007

A new way to be human

Lately, I feel raw, likening it to a piece of unpolished wood, with the lines and swirls so clearly seen, its flaws and scratches laid out in the open. I feel, very real. I see my flaws, my tempers rise and fall. I feel angst, sorrow, anger, hurt, joy, gratitude, appreciation, being blessed, worry, anxiety, weariness... the list goes on. Isn't it amazing to be human? To be able to experience a whole bombardment of feelings and somehow observing yourself from a 3rd person, you see yourself rise and fall and go against the odds to triumph in your own way. The flaws of mine - I want to embrace them, not shun them because it is the courageous struggle of how the resilience of one's spirit overcomes the odds of being human that the true beauty lies.

3 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/3/07 2:19 am  
Blogger daniel said...

Something which I thought of and wrote a few years ago...

The human spirit is one of the most beautiful gifts our creator has ever given to us.

The ability to laugh in delight, to cringe in fear, to shake in anticipation, to cry in sorrow, to love in all foolishness.

Our foolhardiness is our defining moment. That which makes us the weakest is also that which fills us with the greatest courage.

10/3/07 2:21 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you for your sharing... :)

It strikes a chord within me.

10/3/07 11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home