Thursday, August 04, 2005

Forgiveness and Moving On



I guess there's no point dwelling in the past. I just have to learn from my mistakes and move on. Acknowledging one's mistakes is crucial for forgiveness to take place. However, sometimes, doing that doesn't help to remove the pain the other person suffered. If one is not forgiven, should one self destruct in his or her own guilt? I don't think it's right. I think that person should just move on. Why continue to be stuck in the mud when nothing else can be done about it? Why feel so guilty of not being forgiven and let your guilt affect everyone around you who truly cares about you?

I believe I have done what I can and I can only hope and pray that the person can let go of the hurt that has been inflicted one day in his/her time. From now till then, I will move on and be happy for my sake, and for those around me.

I understand now why forgiveness is a display of a deep love for the other. Blessed are those who are able to experience forgiveness!

Agape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home