Sunday, July 24, 2005

Being in Love?



Lately I've been hearing people having brushes with love and/or infatuation.... which makes me wonder, when will I fall in love again? Gah I sound like some school girl but I cannot help wondering whether I'll be able to find someone
who understands me and whom I understand,
who makes me feel totally at ease likewise the same for him,
who turns my tears into smiles,
who brings joy and laughter to both our hearts and everyone around,
who is kind and gentle,
who puts me on his pedestal and empowers me to be the best that I can be,
who knows what is good for me and makes me a better person,
who takes care of me,
whom I can spend the rest of my life with,
whom I can love and be loved in return.

I know now is not the right time for me to be looking for love... it's just that being in love is like walking on cloud 9 every waking moment. What an elusive dream. Oh well, singlehood is good for now.

Agape.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Mich, you have a really beautiful idea of love. You'll be a catch for your future beau ;)
hope your appeal back to PGP will be successful!

24/7/05 10:26 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

hey Philo!
Thank you... :) saying that makes me a a little more faith in myself. yah.. hope to be able to get back to pgp.

25/7/05 12:44 am  
Blogger daniel said...

Sorry to burst your bubble mich, love like that is a myth. Or rather you forgot to add the 10 plus paragraphs underneath.... like:

Who pisses me off every other day
who hurts me with his words every now and then
who is inadequate in almost everything
.
.
.

After you can accept the whole thing....ahhhh that's love.

25/7/05 10:44 pm  
Blogger NN said...

heyhey...

the first image that came to mind when I read all tt is an elderly couple holding hands (alexis painted tt pic for me b4) I guess like what the others have said, it's an ideal. I guess for me right, I'll know it when it happens cos even when she makes my smiles into tears, I still feel for her and want to take care of her.
Mich, I think it's possible, but only after going thru difficult times. Just like an old couple :D

26/7/05 12:33 am  
Blogger Sain't said...

haha... hopefully this is some warm water.

I think many of us still do dream of & wish for this kind of love, but many of us dun dare or want to admit it. & sometimes the world can make us cynical & jaded

If we do find the person who can fit many of those things & who allows us to love them back in similar ways, I think many of us will try our best to work to make that relationship work, & I think that's what it is, it is the result of the effort we put into the relationship. All of these take time & effort to build up between the couple, that's what happy old couples do. Sometimes it doesn't take that much trials, it just takes opportunities which are available in everyday life.

Just to affirm u, u're not alone in ur idea of love, & it's not an outdated, unrealistic view (at least I dun think so). & ur entry (& its replies) have also affirmed me that there are still ppl out there who dream. O=) So dream on... (as in carry on dreaming.. O=P)

31/7/05 6:33 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Heyy!

:)
thanks for your comment...

yeah... sometimes life can really make us jaded. I hope to dream on though, if I am not jaded already. >.<

31/7/05 8:53 pm  
Blogger Sain't said...

Simple, if u're jaded & tired, go sleep. That's a good way to enter dreamland too. O=P

1/8/05 10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home