Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Attractions - The Dating Game



Back to the topic of discussion. Is it true that the prettier the girl is, the higher the chances of her getting attached? Probably.

But is it true that the prettier the girl is, the higher the chances of her getting attached to the right person?

It is human nature to love beautiful things. That is why society reveres this idealistic beauty. Hence there is a natural tendency for beautiful people to appeal more to others. That is why beautiful people can get easily attached. However, what defines a relationship? Surely not only looks. I feel that THE most important criteria isn't looks, but this elusive thing called chemistry. I don't know what defines chemistry exactly. However when 2 people have chemistry, they complement each other so perfectly... I think character will then play a more prominent role in influencing the complementarity between 2 people.

Where does looks come in then? I believe it helps people overcome their natural instinctive inclinations toward beauty. Once that inclination has been overcome, people can get to know others for who they really are.

For me, the function of looks is to be decently presentable. Being decently presentable is a sign of respect, not only to yourself but towards others as well. Other than that, it shouldn't be a measure of one's self worth. I hope to uphold my belief to best of my ability.

Agape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

:)
my sentiments exactly.

9/6/05 11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home