Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Friends



I love reading my cousin's blog. She's so wise and she gives me inspiration. =) Today she blogged about friends, and the dilemna of being a doormat and being calculative. I guess it is easy for the righteous to say, friends should give and not expect anything in return because when they give, they give out of love. It's so ideal, so beautiful, yet it is so difficult to do that! Perhaps that's why we look to Him for the strength to just let go... it doesn't matter whether you get anything in return... it just doesn't matter anymore. Perhaps if you don't expect anything in return, you have fewer chances of being disappointed? But that's kind of like a defence mechanism to protect oneself isn't it? Oh wells... I guess one must strike a balance of being helpful and letting others help you at times as well... for I feel that at times when you let others help you, others will grow as well.

Agape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home